Position Available - Part Time Programme Officer, Durban. Feb 2019
Programme Officer (Part Time – 80 hours per month)
DURATION OF CURRENT POST:
1st March 2019 - 28th February 2020
NATURE OF POST:
Part time (80 hours per month, average 20 hours or 2.5 days per week)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
1. To facilitate initiatives with faith leaders and organisations and community structures that will mobilise and equip them to address sexual and gender based violence (SGBV) in their contexts, as outlined in WWSOSA’s 2019 Amplify Change Project Strategy and Work Plan
2. To represent WWSOSA at various relevant forums as appropriate, so that WWSOSA is recognised as a relevant actor in the SGBV sector.
1. To implement the WWSOSA Programme work so that it contributes to the goal and objectives of WWSOSA and specifically achieves the objectives of the Amplify Change Proposal.
2. To ensure continuity and synergy between the different activities of the AC Project;
This involves project management, administration, resource management, effective communication (spoken and written), and enabling leadership.
3. To contribute, via relevant structures, to the smooth working and proper integration of the varying aspects of the work of the coalition as a whole.
4. To work with other staff in the Coalition Hub to provide practical support to community groups dealing with SGBV and related issues in their local communities, and to keep an overview of the different initiatives.
5. To work together with appropriate resource people / structures to assist organizations and churches to establish appropriate and realistic follow-up and support mechanisms for people who have attended WWSOSA initiatives.
6. May be requested to undertake additional tasks as need arises.
Specific Amplify Change Project Related Duties:
7. To accompany the Phephisa Survivors’ Network as it develops its work according to the plans outlined in the AC work plan (as below).
8. Together with the WWSOSA Coordinator, to organise the key activities outlined in the AC Project work plan in a timeous, reliable, efficient and effective manner.
1. Church-related structures and their leadership, such as religious institutions, congregations, FBOs and NGOs in KwaZulu-Natal, as well as Gauteng (as and when appropriate).
2. For the Amplify Change Project 2019, it is expected that 50% of the Project Officer’s time will be spent supporting the Phephisa Survivor Network (as below).
- Passionate and energetic with a vision for social change
- A self-starter who is able to implement agreed upon tasks;
- Able to trouble-shoot and overcome obstacles to efficient and effective implementation of tasks;
- Good communication skills
- Good computer skills: Windows, Microsoft – Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Able to use online social media, and ability to learn specialized tasks as needed.
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines
- Ability to work independently and to interact with a team
- Understanding of SGBV issues
- Languages: English is essential. Ability to speak isiZulu a strong advantage;
- Willingness to travel.
- A degree or diploma in a related field is required.
- A driver’s license an advantage.
- A working knowledge of the We Will Speak Out Coalition, as well as Phephisa Survivor Network
- A Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the faith-based CBO or NGO sector
Please send a CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 25 February 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.